5 ways to promote your small business on Instagram.
Social media channels have become one of the most effective mediums of marketing. Millions of businesses across the globe continue to take advantage of the plethora of social media platforms available and are benefiting from the array of online marketing tools integrated in each platform.
Social media Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube etc have continued to see an increase in users particularly business owners due to the ease they provide in the promotion of goods and services. A study shows that 80% of businesses in the world today promote their business using Facebook ads.
The benefits of social media platforms for business purposes cannot be over-emphasized as they are a powerful tool for reaching target audiences, creating brand awareness and increasing brand appeal to the online community.
How to promote your small business using Instagram
Released in 2010, Instagram is a social networking service that allows users to upload and share photos and videos. Although its main purpose is for photo/video sharing, over the years, it has integrated new and exciting features that have increased its popularity particularly amongst business owners. Now, business owners not only share photos and videos, they also promote their services on Instagram.
- Reels: Since the introduction of Instagram Reels in 2019, thousands of businesses have recorded growth in their customer base as Reels is an effective way to promote your business. Through Reels, you can create interesting product-centric videos that not only help in growing your customer base but also increase your brand appeal.
- Ads: Instagram Ads keep helping businesses market their product and services effectively. Through paid Instagram ads, you can market your business via photos, videos and carousel forms to potential customers. Another great thing about Instagram Ads is that you can check if your ads are effective through analytics. Instagram ads will help build a following for your brand and grow your customers.
- Stories: Just like the name suggests, Instagram stories are a great way to promote your products and services. Instagram story is an in-app feature through which users can tell stories in fun and memorable ways using photos and videos. Using Instagram stories, you are able to create fun contents around your products that leave a great impression on potential customers.
- Hashtags: Although hashtags are a great way to reach a larger audience, knowing how to use them is very important. Through hashtags, you are able to upload photo or video contents and tailor them to reach the particular people who might be in need of what you sell. Through hashtags, you can expand your reach, create brand awareness and make it easy for your target audience to reach you.
- Instagram Live: Many business owners might shy away from this as not everyone is comfortable in front of a camera. Going live on Instagram is a cool way to advertise your products and services as it gives your audience an opportunity to interact with you, see your products and ask you questions. Through Instagram Live, you can host Q n A sessions, host tutorials on how to use your product etc. These help to build stronger connections with your audience, expand your online reach and showcase your brand personality.
If you have an instagram page for your business and you have been looking for ways to market your products and services, you should utilize any of these in-app features.
For more tips on business growth and effective marketing strategies, follow us on Medium and our social media pages @vellafinance